Help make a difference in your community!
I am interested in volunteering…
Volunteering with Nanaimo Lifeline
Nanaimo Lifeline and Project Lifesaver volunteers help seniors and others live safely at home and contribute thousands of volunteer hours each year. Our volunteers are the backbone of our program and we couldn’t do all that we do without them!
Our volunteers install equipment in the homes of our clients, handle routine maintenance calls and visit clients to help ensure they are comfortable with the system. Other volunteers assist in the office with routine calls to clients to test the equipment, prepare and mail birthday cards to clients and other helpful tasks.
- Patience, tactfulness and reliability
- Good communication skills
- Ability to relate well with other volunteers
- Cheerful, calm personality
- Clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Level of physical health adequate to meet the tasks required
- Willingness to commit time on a scheduled or flexible basis as needed